Sometimes…..

Sometimes….I tell my children that "you don't know what you don't know".  It means that without all the information or experience their decisions are based on a limited view and they just don't know what the "H*@&" they are doing. 

I have a younin' who , like those who have gone before, made a decision that may cost more then what this babe thought. It is the case of the Grasshopper having it's fun all school year and realizing as the ants were working hard in anticipation of Summer, the Grasshopper was treating the year as if it was a Summer.

It happens.

I, 4 years ago, would have hit the roof and been crazy mad. Then I would have gone into "fix" it mode. K, Grasshopper, you have these three plans to choose from so get cracking! How are you going to fix this? Your getting a big long lecture. You lost life until it is fixed.  The English Language DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH WORDS that I can use to feel satisfied you  understand what you have done! Lock down Alcatraz style.

Now. Not so much. Too old? Seasoned? Not interested? I gave facts and what the consequences these facts have. Because we are spending x-amount of cash for "make up" stuff, no summer runs to the Piggly Wiggly for summer slurps. My time is valuable and since it will be sitting in a hot car for two hours while your at class, I get two hours of work done at home. (My house and car have never looked so great btw!) I have gained power by  not lecturing and fixing. I have bartered a contract that works for me. It feels great.

Wish I had been more of a fact giver and contract maker then a nagger and a fixer. So go and do and forgo the lectures.

June 2015

Comments

Popular Posts