Amazing Primrose...

Amazing Primrose...my firstborn just had her firstborn.  It's sort of awsome. Loving the genealogy of life. My granny Ann was the only girl in her family. My mom, only girl. I was the first born girl in mine. And my first baby was a girl who had a girl as her first start of a family.

 My little primrose arrived and with it came blustery feelings of what the younger gen would call "Circle of Life" sort of moment.  It is that overwhelming feeling of , yes , my life created two generations now. I will be a picture in a box in a future procreation's basement and that has some comfort, believe it or not.

I saw that little body and those little hands and I was nothing short of smitten. "Donuts for breakfast you ask my little Primrose?"  "But of course!" I will reply.  She will get anything from me. I now have a little rose in my life that I can be all fun. Mom and dad get to do all the discipline and I get to just shower love all over like rain in a storm. There will be shopping carts full of bubbles, ugly t-shirts (chosen by Prim herself) , crayolas, crafts. We will go on long walks and look at bees, pick flowers, and talk about how lovely the world is. Then as she grows, I will impart my imperfect wisdom upon her dear mother of how lovely a child can be yet they take long walkabouts during teen years and that loveliness may not shine as bright. Prim will call me to discuss matters of importance such as hair lengths , boys with braces, and feeling so old at the ripe age of 14.  I will hobble into her wedding thinking as if I am 30 years old but feeling every inch of my not-30-year-0ld.  I will love her because she isn't mine and yet she is mine. 

Amazing Primrose. She has become the first chapter in another book of my life and it is oh so glorious! 


Comments

Popular Posts