Change is a comin'...

Change is a comin'...and not the kind you want but will accept and embrace anyway. My eldest and her newly formed tribe of (if he hadn't married my daughter, he would have been my son) husband, and new-to-this-earth daughter are moving across country. In 3 years that they have been married, my not so new newlyweds have missed maybe 10 Sunday family dinners. Maybe 10. 

They are a great example of being independent but dependent. It is in all awesomeness to be out on ones own but still see the importance of the family unit.

But the other side of the country (or world as it seems to me) is beckoning them for a new adventure. When I was their age, I would have jumped the nearest transportation and been off with a wave and a smile! So I completely support and find a sense of hullabaloo for them........but as they venture out into this world of ours, I feel an overwhelming sadness. It is the chapter of my life that is nearing a end quicker then I can  can almost grasp.  

And then number two is getting married. That is a change. She will be leaving our little nest. And though she may not share the same view as her big sis regarding the need for Sunday family time, she still loves home and hearth. And that will be another change I will need to be open too.

That my friends, is one of the crosses I will be bearing over the next few months. 

Change is a comin...so go and do and embrace the moment because that moment will soon be nothing but a memory. 

Comments

Popular Posts