Isn't It Funny Days Off...

 Isn't it funny that days off feel like you should never have to work again? It's the mini vacation that makes you wish you had a permanent vacation......but then your home wishing you could work. It a conundrum, wanting the other side of the fence.

I know that I loved being home. But as the children became teens and had their "own" lives, in which I chauffeured, and cashola was not fluid in nature, I wanted to slog. (Look it up, it's a great word!) I wanted more. I wanted to expel my energy in something other then house management. I wanted a pay day in my life. Mad money. You know. 

Then I got employment.

I get up every Monday going "why? why me?" (as my sis says, "soul sucking") and then by Wednesday I am typing up my two week notice. Thursday, which is payday, arrives and I think...........I can make it one more week.

You see, we have become dependent on the "Mad Money". It is a slow wicked step from extra to needing.

So you see, these extra days off from servitude seem like wonderful extra holidays given to oneself. I sit on the proverbial fence, wondering which side is better. I know that my teens want me home, and I like to spend money on things other then cleaning products and spaghetti. So I see green on each side of that railing in which I am perched. And I see all the dead spots to,so I stay still. Wondering which side to jump off on?

Having said (or written) all this. I know one thing. A holiday is a mini vacation. Whether working or not. 

So go and take that mini vacation!    

Comments

Popular Posts