My beautiful family



My beautiful family......I use the word beautiful because they are amazing inside!!! They are kind and generous and thoughtful. They all have gifts of understanding and loving others. I believe every family have their own set of gifts. Gifts of education, creativity, mechanical, repair-of-things, words, animal whisperers, scientific tendencies, organizational, memory, service, conversation, entrepreneurs, musical, etc.
My family's gift is that of understanding that which is not said. They are in tuned to the emotional part of people. So therefore I label them beautiful.

Backtrack, my little home swelled from 5 people to nine. For a short period of time. It was utter chaos! Messes everywhere, laundry in the hallway,, toothpaste on the mirrors. My towels where stained with bleach and my fridge held restaurant leftovers that were never going to be eaten. Beds where unmade and lamps were eschewed. Dishes where left on floors, side tables and bathrooms and there was an endless count of shoes left at the front door. Baby bottles littered every room and entrails of diapers, wipes, clothing were scattered throughout the house. People were coming and going at all hours of the day and night. T.V. were left on, phones set everywhere. It was almost a flop house without the dirt and grossness. I loved every minute of it. It is not our nature to be untidy. But due to new baby, wedding planning, work schedules, etc no one was up for the rigors of housework. But I digress....

Everyone...no correction....most have moved out now and some are on a trip. So my beautiful family is now being scattered. The gloomy thing is that this change is permanent. My married couple with baby are moving cross country. My 2nd baby is getting married. My boy is one year out of leaving and my peanut is thinking of change at the ripe old age of jr. high. The thing I hang onto is that they are emotionally connected to the "community" of our family unit. I am grateful.

So as I scrub my home to bring it back to it's original luster and I mop the floors with my tears, I give thanks to the ALMIGHTY for that beautiful family of mine.

GO AND DO AND remember one day they will all move away. 

Comments

Popular Posts