Middle age sucks....




Middle age sucks...It really does. I tried as hard as I could to come up with some flowery advice that assuages the reality of empty nesting.



Image result for image of old lady

Ain't got nothing.  I see it in many of my friends and myself. If we were mothers and not married to the Millionaire-next-store all of a sudden we find ourselves maybe not in the most comfortable of situations. Many, I have found, have gone back to work to help with the remaining kidlets at home and worrying about the future. But don't fret. It is not the I dreamt of picket fences and cruises life....but it still is worth it. The staying home and cooking, cleaning, baking cookies and giving hugs. Though it is difficult now, going back to the work force having been gone since the age of the Dodo Bird.  I still wouldn't have given up those times with me Littlies. I am stretched a little  now. Figuring out work, time with the teens, and worrying about the future. But everything has consequences. Good and bad. I didn't work and maybe my life won't look as sexy as I had hoped. But ..... man, loving those people that have lived in my life is better then any cruise. The snap chats from my son-in-law, the pics of my children in their stages of life, text from my other son-by-marriage......delicious moments. So growing old without a career and all those things that means, my life is great and changing and looking different then I thought but that's okay. But I won't omit that occasionally that big ol' cigar looks enticing. Go and do and grow old gracefully. 

Comments

Popular Posts