Mama and disappointment....

This was written a few  years ago and never published!

Mama and disappointment....get use to it. If  your a mama at all disappointment is part of the game. I, myself, have just encountered a very expensive disappointment. 

It all started with the dentist......

I was told that my two people still with the number one in front of their age, would need wisdom teeth out. Being somewhat smart, or thinking that I was, I scheduled them both for the same time. Two birds and one stone sort of thing. I was thinking that being of pioneer strength that I could do it. Of course, if I can birth babies, I can take two kids to get teeth pulled out. (Ended up being 10 teeth between them!) I recalled the many postings of kidlets who had their wisdom teeth out (funny that teens get the wisdom taken out of them, right?) and they fawned over their mothers telling them how much they love and need them. Regurgitating at nauseum how their sainted mothers where the light of their lives and how imagining a world without them was more then they could handle. I would pay $700.oo dental fee to get that on tape!!! To have forever and a day both my babies crying in pure delight of the love they feel for me and the undying loyalties and the endless list of the things I do for them that they now, under doctor approved drugs, would spurt out continuously and without shame. Pay it!!!! 

I unfortunately did not receive the anticipated praise of raising these teens. The words that came out of their mouths would put a sailor to shame! There isn't enough soap in the world to erase their fowl little mouths! 

Imagine this....me...a 2 year old grand Littlie and two teens with bloody gauze everywhere and unable to walk on their own. Now, see us all in the car. Me driving, boy in front, girl in back with baby in car seat. Only 10 minutes to home. We can do this.

Driving and trying to explain, in their altered state, that the 4 letter F word is not funny and where is my "mama love"? The boy decides he is going to open the door whilst in motion. This while the girl is yelling in the back, fowl words, and crying about the blood oozing out of her mouth. Chime in a scared 2 year old. I am steering and hushing and trying to get the boy not to jump out of the car. By the grace of God did we make it home.

Chaos abounded. But I got it all on tape. Not a word of mama love but enough video to get them back sometime in the near future.

Sometimes life is better then you planned!
Go and do and do not do 2 teens with teeth removal...it is NOTHING like the movies!

Comments

Popular Posts