Rose Colored Glasses Again!

Rose Colored Glasses.....um I may have done a disservice to my readers and I apologize. I grasp onto the lovely moments of life such as my man cub blowing bubbles for his 2 year old  niece in the early a.m. of the day. No one can argue seeing a 6 ft boy blow bubbles to his tiny little niece melts ones heart.

BUT life can suck. The old saying of seeing thru "Rose Colored Glasses" meaning that you see things, people, and situations in only a positive light. Everything is HUNKY-DORY type Miss. Mary Poppins toot sweet and all that. I know that is not the case in our lives that exist in reality. Lives are messy and mean and heart wrenching. My life isn't all screen doors and BBQs. I have trials that have literally knocked me to my knees and days I have laid on the closet floor contemplating the methods of death versus the trials of living. Prince Charming isn't always charming and children grow up to be real boys and girls and sometimes that attitudes grow with them. I know this is VERY similar to another post but it needs repeating!

I have come to realize with the trends of technology that we can present whatever we want to the world. I just think that we don't always present the substantive of life. I know of a situation were there was a family that had a very maddening day of family conflict.....the photos presented on media reflected none of that and the captions accompanying those photos didn't even whisper to the disquiet of the day.

Thus my apologies if you read this blog thinking my life is all daisies and rainbows. Oh boy it ISN'T!!!  It is just in my nature to try to see the positive or at least work on seeing the other persons trials. This came to light as the man-cub was explaining to his little sister about the complexities of high school friendships. He explains that most of our little clan can just automatically see what/where/why the other person is coming from. Her, lil sister, best friend has turned into a vicious little punk head and is so obvious in her need to put our little gal in her place. Brother explains that the actions of this exfriend is to make her feel bad. BUT (so proud he learned this lesson from ME) he said stop talking about her. Just tell friends "I was a little salty when this all started but now I am onto other positive things." We counseled her to not say a bad word about this friend. To look to the future...what do you want baby girl? To be friends? To get back at her? To be a positive person? (This is a whole blog waiting to be written...future.) I went onto another subject but not really. The point using this story today is to say things can always seem  like others have magical lives that appear to be require envious attitudes on our part.

Don't read my blog thinking my life is anything but real. Read my blog because you see the real moments of joy in your life as well.

Go and do and pick some daisies and look at rainbows. We all need that sometimes.

Comments

Popular Posts