Ears bleeding.........

Ears bleeding....that is how I feel sometimes after an arduous day outside of my abode. I have one of those "I can tell her anything" personalities, and if you thought that, it would be true. I struggle sometimes with overload though if I am truthful. NEVER from my close friends or family, more when a day includes extreme external confidentiality conversations. 

Stop. Let us move back a step or two. I have always  had a fervor that somehow in life I have become a "life coach" of sorts to all kinds of people and their trials. I have loved that even without an educational degree , I can assist others along the way of their own Odyssey. I am privy to things as mundane as a hated co-worker to as serious as infidelity of ones spouse. I live in gratification that I am a trusted source for others to find comfort in. I will band aid a co-worker cut finger, give a hug and a that-a-boy to a customer who needs to hear it, and hot herbal tea and a cold rag for my son by marriage, when sick. I am there!

The occasional day can be too much. My life is so chalk full of trials for the last year and a half, it is wonder I haven't taken up whiskey as drinking water. One particular day started out with some very serious trials that Prince Charming and I were trying to find out as we were traveling to work at 5:15 a.m. in the morning. I entered my work place with a plea to God in Heaven that my burdens might be removed somehow OR at least let me have a good attitude. Our favorite quote is from a movie about God and he says something like "If you pray for patience, do I give  you patience or the opportunity to learn it?" I wish dearly I had remembered that before I had uttered my request for a good attitude. The minute I enter work a worker with a very frustrating and hard home life starts talking to me without even taking a breath about all the things wrong with all the employees currently she is working with! She is non stop for 30 minutes or so. Then another worker, for this purpose called Tim, comes up and says "River, I giving it up, no more!" Almost as if we are in the MIDDLE of the conversation. He, upon my questioning, regales me with how all women are users and out to get something from him. Now, just a little background on Tim, he is 65 and lives with his parents and works a $9.00 an hour job. No judging, good on any man willing to take any work, work is work and is noble. I have to wonder though, with that background, how many women are going to be as interested? l get that he wants love so badly and it is the focus of his life but again, just wondering, what 55 year old woman is willing to move in with her 65 year boyfriend and his 85 year old parents? My day has just started. Then my sweet "girl" who works there and I just love as one of my own, is grappling with a very abusive (physically and mentally)husband and she has very real struggles. I then encounter my regular customer who comes in searching for gold among all the custom jewelry I sell. His fingers are large and his nails suffer from fungus. He forgets the niceties of society and has a habit of telling instead of asking. I am perceptive enough to understand that his wife left him siting abuse (which he adamantly denies) and informed me that his birthday went unnoticed by everyone in his life. His reek of cigarettes tells me he is alone a lot.  The gal I am closes too in life arrives right after the soiree of complete drenching of problems by others and is going "off the rails" mad about a very minuet issue that I can see her reasoning but not the emotions behind it. Break time arrived and I rushed to the Piggly Wiggly for some much needed chocolate and caffeine. My manager came up to me during this time and asked "what the heydee ho is going on, people have been freaking out for the past 2 weeks!" 

I wanted to shout to the world "NO MORE"! I have heard so much and have worked so hard to have sympathy and empathy for all who have corralled around me for solace, advice, and comfort!!!!! I feel, metaphorically,  like my ears are bleeding from the intake of so many words that are continuous in their barrage. 

I have found when I have those days, I need to come home and lay down for awhile to recharge. l need to prepare my poor eardrums for the next wonderful barrage of love coming my way when the Chiclets get home and want to rant about their days and Prince Charming has a full day of life to share. 

I say even though it can be a burden every once in awhile that so many love to share, it is ALWAYS a blessing that everyone wants to share. I am one lucky duck.

Go and do and be a good listener!

Comments

Popular Posts