I have a child in my life that is the equivalent to Dennis the Menace, an American cartoon about a mischievous boy who gets into trouble all the time!
This two year old child, that I know, is the girl version of that. Mr.Wilson, a neighbor in the cartoon, gets exasperated with Dennis and his antics. This little Bean may becoming that exact little menace.........but cuteness to the core saves her!


Let me regale you...at age one year old she would climb up the toilet and stand on the lid to peer out the window to see the big wide world before her naked as the day she was born. She emerged herself in shaving cream from head to toe as if she was at a car wash. She climbed up on the stack of water bottles to unlock the back door so she could peruse the neighbors yard el-natural. She climbed, still no idea how, up onto the kitchen counter top to get a "tweet". My dog Ike,  has never been keen on children, was tamed like a wild horse once this Bean arrived at our house. (Within a week he was at her side with every one of her commands!) I get a picture of this terror sitting on top of the kitchen table, bathed in candle wax. It was a new expensive candle that "daddy" had ordered online!  The problem is that this lil' hellion gives you the "LOOK". Like I am so sugar and spice and you love it and I am great and we are all good here.

Let me tell you, that look works on me every darn time!

I know her kind. They are smart, driven, never take a NO for an answer. Two in age but not in smarts!

The question is how do you receive these very strong minded children who are coming down to this glorious earth of ours and turn their stubbornness into a wonderful attribute instead of the soul sucking antics that they do?  People need to be strong these days. There is a huge amount of crapola coming our way via technology, pressures, stress. These mini people need to keep their strength throughout all the world's pressure. They need to do it without sneaking out to the neighbor's yard to pick delicious tomatoes while mummy is in the house trying to find her with the sweet call of "treat Bean, treat!"


Comments

Popular Posts