Prince Charmings

Prince Charmings....Do they have a bad rap?  Or do they just not get it? I get the whole Adam and Eve thing. I do. Girl did what had to be done and boy sat back and admired. They both got cast out so all is equal.

I got a call from Prince Charm from work. He is detailed. He is great at his job due to such infinitely small talk before getting to the  main reason of a discussion. I admire and loathe it that very trait. I am a "let us get to the problem and start solving it" kind of person. (Eve if you will.) I had a frustration that I shared with him and he proceeds to regurgitate the very issue I had presented. (At least in my mind.) I am like, "Listen dude, need the bottom line here, don't need more stress by your winded explanation." Not a very princess like attitude, I know, and I am sure I owe an apology. (What? Yes, I said it I was wrong! I didn't say I would give a contrite so sorry, just said he was owed one.)

I walk into the Living Room to here one of my "marrieds" speaking to her Prince. "I just cannot talk to you right now as I am feeling very mad!" Or something like that. He had thoughtlessly went to work with her special earphones.

This got me to having a thunk. Are they really as agitating as we make them out to be or are they just trying to to be the  best they can be under the very unobtainable expectations we present to them. For instance, my man was AT work earning money for US when he was trying to work out a solution for me. My dear daughter was running very late for a gym coach appointment and needed those ear phones while hubby was off working for THEM.

IT is a quandary......we feel totally justified that we were need certain things from them and it is very justifiable that we get a bit peeved when we don't get exactly what we need when we specifically as for it. But they are not really in the wrong as they are trying to be Princes that are slaying the metaphorical dragon for us.

I am still not really sure which one it is, bad rap/trying their best.

Maybe I will stew a little more in my annoyance before I answer the "since the world began" questions.

Go and do, and do not stew.

Comments

Popular Posts