Getting Old..........

Getting old sucks....I said it. About 50 ish one starts to feel a little more achy and a little less energy. But, I am sure I am not the only one, we say to ourselves we will beat the odds of being that one old person who is young feeling. Then mid 50's hit. We throw in the towel and let Mother Nature know she bested us just as she has everyone who has gone before us.

You stare at sagging necks and crinkly hands and your realize that it is you!!! Sure there are some surgeries out there that can extend the act of time for a bit. But even that starts to make people look as if they are old trying to be young. I won't mention anyone particular but after a time (Meg) they feel like they have lost their look (Ryan) and the surgeries gave a sort of plastic youthfulness. Again, not judging that sort of thing. If my lively hood depended at that you can bet I would be under the knife as often as I could. But then there is a certain grace to aging.

I fear that what happens are the polyester blends, the nursing ish type shoes, and the short haircuts without gel that age us quicker. Get a nose ring (ha ha-I did) or wear torn jeans. Get red lipstick. Be youthful in spirit.

I decided that as I have become old, right now I have a severe case of flu and watching my 3 year old grandkidlet, I won't have the energy as before but I can embrace my style and who I am. 

I say get some red lipstick, burn the poly, get an ankle tat and call yourself happy. Go and do!

Comments

Popular Posts