Ostrich, Sand




GENERAL ELECTION: Neither political party will tell the ...Ostrich, Sand. It is common knowledge that adult hood brings adult freedom and adult responsibilities. They go together like hand in glove. I tell my grown littlies that you cannot have just one. Total freedom does not come without complete subjection to that millstone of accountability. 

Let me enlighten you about my freedom vs. adulthood. I have the freedom of owning my own car. It takes me places. Actually, anywhere I want. That is the up side of my life. Downside. I also have to abide by certain financial and dutiful maintenance of said freedom bus. Said vehicle became persnickety a few days ago. Lights lit up. In my brain I contemplated what needed done, perhaps and really was, a new battery. I was globe trotting to the store and I , really last minute, decided to pull in the the local "Dirty hands will fix your car" place and when I went to turn off the engine, it died. Angels must have been watching over me. Said Prince Charming at auto place replaced my battery, checked things he could and charged me a bit more then anticipated. My chariot was off and running with me in it. 

Today. I have spent 14 months in the South. Nay a day of snow or any resemblance to it. Until now. I was busy bee-ing cleaning my house and watching my lil' Shuga Bean who is 3 years old. I glanced out the large window and what to my wondering eyes should appear but SNOW!! Now remember I moved from the mountains. I don't miss much but snow I do! I had my youngest and my grandkidlet Shuga Bean who both looked famished. I am a mountain girl so going out in sleeting snow and 32 degree weather was no problemo. I slipped on my mules and my Fall coat, look at me go! I kissed the foreheads of my lil gals and went off secure in the knowledge that I was venturing out into what others would call a snow storm and we would call it a good day back home. 

Now the ostrich in the sand. My car, about a mile from home, died in the middle of the street. My phone was at 8 percent and my fall fashion wear was quickly becoming brisk wear. Now being new without kin around, I had no one to call. So today is the day Prince Charming had big meetings. I called him to no avail, my insurance who referred me to someone else (they are helpful that way), and finally a tow company. Cars and semi's were rushing past me as apparently they don't know how to drive in snow. My toes are freezing, my cell is dying, the windows are completely covered with snow, and I begin to freak a bit. My head in in the sand, hoping that this is not the way I end up leaving this world. Frozen, hit by a semi, wearing slip ons!

Fast forward 40 minutes. Car being towed. Prince Charming arrived. Heated seats. 

It is  not easy being an adult. We want to not look at bills. Postpone important calls. Put off for tomorrow. It's because our lives are full of fun freedoms. But we also are weighed down by so many things in life. Try to use the sand for those really important things that you really need to hide from. Don't use it when every one of your dash lights are on. It won't serve you.
Go and do and get a tune up.


Comments

Popular Posts