3 Deaths

3 deaths.....I am addicted to what I think is a "Soap Opera". I love this saying. It says so much. That phrase originated from radio dramas that were mainly supported by soap companies. I suggest it is that but not sure if that is what it is considered as it is an Australian melodrama. (Packed to the Rafters.)

I digress. I spent hours binge watching this "can't stop even though it is way crazy" show due to the  epic weather of a 24 period of pounding rain with tornado warnings and flash flooding. Episode, treat, episode, phone game, episode, episode, episode, bathroom break. You get the picture.

I digress once again. There was a wonderful sentiment they shared on an installment that I am sure hails back to Buddha or some other prophetic person. Yet, it was this #&$&* addicting show that I heard it from and it meant something to me.

We all suffer 3 deaths.

THE FIRST DEATH:  IS WHEN OUR SPIRIT LEAVES OUR BODY.

THE SECOND DEATH: IS WHEN OUR BODIES TURN TO DUST.

THE THIRD DEATH: IS WHEN OUR NAME IS, FOR THE LAST TIME, SPOKEN.


Ruminate on that. It is perspective. we so live for now and what is happening in our bubble. We think we are invincible but we are not. Two things we all share no matter our lot in life and that is we are born and we die. We suffer in our moments, we rejoice in them too. WE wallow in them and we shine in them. We sorrow and we glow in them. We wander and are lost and we are found and we go forward. We take the moments for granted or we rejoice in every second of that moment. We hate in those moments with great passion or we love with equal ferocity. We can feel the deepest of lows or the sky cannot hold us.

So, today, I choose that when my name, for the very last time, passes the lips of someone, I will be able to feel that my 3 deaths were all worth the one life I lived.

Go and do.

Comments

Popular Posts