Blood....

Blood....my little Shuga Bean and I went a huntin' for foliage to put in a basket that sits on our front porch. Let me backtrack with useless facts that really do not apply to anything about my thoughts on hemoglobin.

The South has what locals call "three springs". The scenery, where I reside, is a wonderland of frondescence. (Look it up, a great word!) First Spring has started. Among the dead looking trees and barren shrubbery there are hints of white flowers blooming and bright red berries growing on certain vegetation. It is nature telling us that "blue skies are a comin'! " and we know Second Spring is on the way!

I went out with my grandlittlie and cut down flowered limbs and gathered magnolia leaves to create a welcoming basket on my long porch filled with rocking chairs. Whilst doing that, I became entangled in a prickliest of prickliest thorn filled plant. I was triumphant with my gatherings but certainly worst for wear due to the scratches and embedded thorns I emerged with.

Where does blood come into it all this? My second part of the story is next.


Shopping cart - Wikipedia
I was at the Piggly Wiggly today obtaining food for the weather forecast of 1 to 3 inches of snow. Yes, flowers and snow. South is awesome! Anywho, I was shopping and noticed a annoying sliver from my days before adventure. I pulled it out as it was bothering me. Spot of red liquid oozed out. Nothing any of us haven't had happened. Yet, what would normally be almost unnoticed, became so thought provoking. Like I instantly thought of the Corona-virus. I thought how this little spot of gore was sitting on my finger but could accidentally be left on a cart. What would I think of if I saw someone else with a bit of blood? How easily germs are flitted back and forth in a grocery store. How easily fluids such as coughing out spit or rubbing ones' nose or bleeding from a sliver can be transported from one to another as fast as a forest fire!

I thought on that minUte cut on my finger. I pondered.  I expounded. Then I bought sugar cookies and planned my day of binge watching "Elementary" on Hulu.

Go and do. And don't worry next time you touch a cart handle! I won't!

Comments

Popular Posts