cold as ice

Cold as ice, that is my abode at this moment. That is why I skipped a day of writing yesterday. So I apologize to all 4 of you who read this.

Long story already told. Moved across country to a home that had more hidden problems then what we already had found and/or saw. We thought we had done all our research but.....things can be hidden and they were.



The most annoying is after a few thousand dollars, goodbye new furniture, we still haven't gotten our heater to work. It is bad enough the upstairs one was never connected and not one person knew about it .... but the downstairs is fritzing. Thus, the house is cold as ice. Literally, our fingers could be mistaken as an ice cube. Shuga Baby tucked her size 7.5 feet under my lap as we snuggled in front of the telly. I screeched a loud noun and explained if she did that again that all her phone privileges would be revoked. It was that cold.

Prince Charming arrived home to a dis shoveled home, no food on the table, empty chocolate boxes scattered all over the coffee table along with empty Redbull cans. We explained that when it is so frigid and one is in it all day, things don't get done! Well, maybe the consumption of brownies, cookies, Redbull and the completion of a favorite television season along with tissues for tears and eye glasses for phone games......does that count as an accomplishment?

Life is interesting in this third and final stage of life. I say that because when I reflect on my total waste of a day in the now diminishing numbers that I have, I just don't care. I can live with the amount of NOT DONE things on my list. I can embrace the Pepto Bismal I had to consume to make up for the sugar high from taste testing boxes of delight. I can say that a few tears at someone else's acting expense is A-okay.

I want to embrace more, be more, get-her-done life. But I am okay that yestereday was just a day to "live" and "be." I am okay.

So candy boxes burnt in the fireplace, food shopping with vegs and fruits done, water bought and t.v. turned off. Going to gut the kitchen and organize. I will answer emails and text. I will attend a friends birthday party and get ready for the Sabbath........not ready to commit to letting go of the Redbulls, baby steps man! Baby steps!

Go and do. Make today better then yesterday.....Easy for me to say. Just showering is a huge step forward!

Comments

Popular Posts