Don't post on Sundays....

I don't post on Sundays unless the thoughts become so overwhelming they must be put to ink!

Not happening today.

I did, what I have done almost every Sunday of my life, get up and go to church. It is a wonderful sanctuary from the world. It stretches me to be and see things that cannot be seen  or heard.

Home. Sundays are the days we keep just to ourselves. No nothing but peaceful hours and warm meals and shared with family.

Today my oldest and youngest are here. Two crock pots are cooking our "upscale" meal and we, as a family, have taken on different tasks that have to be accomplished. Son (in-law, well one of them anyway) is feeding their youngest. Their oldest is sitting with MY youngest enjoying a sweet show on the telly. My oldest is perusing for a home that they will soon purchase fairly near us. Prince Charming is sitting with said daughter. We are missing 3 of our family members sadly. But they have their own sabbath day which is far from us.

I sit in my office listening to the noise of the television and the soft conversations. I will say all the while a wafting of smells emanating from the kitchen into every corner of the house.

I love Sundays. Go and don't do a dang thing.


Comments

Popular Posts