Family First

Family First, so Prince Charming and I were discussing my "birth" people. See, I am adopted. We were conversing about the crumbles of information that I remember about those who bore me. My Prince was inquisitive and perhaps bombarding me with questions I either have forgotten the answers to or didn't know them in the first place. 

I have a picture of sperm donor. We could be in the same room and people would know we have the same genetic make up. We are so similar it is scary! Being adopted, no one looks like you in the family. So to see that every ounce of dna is from him, wacky mind blown.

This is old news to my 2 faithful readers. 


As we continued to confabulate, my thoughts wandered. Prince asked me what I was thinking. It is and will always be family first. Above church, work, friends. Those in life that have put the family needs above all else.....well they seem to be connected in ways others aren't. PC said that he will always leave work, not go to a church meeting, cancel anything if the family has a need he has to tend too. We have both been like that ever since we created our clan. We understand the link that we all have and that it can be maintained for life. That the nucleus of life is the family. However that looks like. If you are a cat lady that comes home to 6 felines and that is your family, well count that as a folk. We don't all get the traditional family but we can create the same beautiful swell of feelings that connect us to each other with those not of our ancestry .

Family takes those you love you despite you, have your back when no one else does, trust they will bail you out, turn to them for daily chit chat, it's a thang!

Go and do and remember who is going to have to take care of you in your old age.

Comments

Popular Posts