Mothers Prayer

Mothers Prayer....I know I regurgitate themes but my life just is about as plain as yogurt. I find the most exciting thing I have done is bear children. Thus the common rituals of life are the things I can share.

I know there is a special bond the mothers and Heaven have. After all, we worked as a team to get these littlies here together. Motherhood, done right, offers years of vocalized pleas for help, protection, guidance regarding offspring. WE often turn to our Father in Heaven because he is so aware of the love, joy and even pain that accompanies growing little people.



My children are not aware of this but every time (still to this day) when I leave the house with them still nestled within the walls, I speak a silent mama prayer asking for safety of those I love so dearly. "Dear Father," I whisper to the air to carry "Please I utter to you a mothers prayer to protect them and watch over them while I am gone."

I have a mantra that is in my prayers at night. I find one thing that each of my Littlies struggle with (yes, this includes my boys that married in the family) and I speak their name and solicit help for the one thing they need. An example is "Help so and so be rooted" or "so and so find balance". (NOT actual pleadings.) I find that one thing that IF corrected will take them from saplings to tall Oak trees! 

You don't have to be a mother to say this prayers. The good Lord loves when we ask for help on behalf of others. It makes us look good. (Just kidding!!) It makes us feel better and reminds us that we are all connected. Yet, I will profess a mother praying on behalf of those she is charged with is something special. Go and do.

Comments

Popular Posts