Polite....

Polite. My core is to be polite and work on myself to never need recognition and always allow "freedom". I have an internal compass that requires that I don't hurt feelings due to MY needing acknowledgment over someone getting hurt.

I am proud of that being part of me. I don't think I am better then someone who has less or worse then someone who is blessed with more. I don't go down that alley very often in life.

I AM BEING TESTED!

I was in a religious setting in which I foolishly THOUGHT I was in charge. Now don't go assuming, I WAS ACTUALLY put in charge. But apparently that little memo didn't get out to the TYPE A personalities who have been asked to volunteer time to help. I was to field questions in a small group setting that corresponded with a soiree in which I am the governing person. I have spent hours and hours trying to work out details for this get together. Since I am new here and it is a different flow then where I came from, it is as if someone  put me on MARS and said throw a party for 50 people. I stood up in front of the group that seemed to be very excited about what I was proposing! BUT....I literally had a gal (who IS NOT IN CHARGE AND SAT IN ONE 15 MINUTE PLANNING MEETING) stand behind me and answer questions seconds before me. And I had to almost correct every answer she had blurted out. Then, due to miscommunication and misunderstanding, I had to comfort a friend whose feelings got hurt due to said party. Then into a planning meeting where a sweet soul, who had just been requested to help in some capacity (she won't be attending) had so many good ideas that were presented as if they SHOULD BE DONE. (I SURE IT IS MY OWN MISINTERPRETATION!)Sure.

I tried to be politically correct. I complimented and then corrected. I tried to bring them back to the original ideas.I was excited that they wanted to help and some questions were so great and some suggestions wonderful. It is just my upscale dinner was reduced to shredded chicken and rice and take home boxes for cake. If one of my 2 readers are one of these ladies, don't get offended. It is just how this culture is. Demanding and in charge. But things get done so who am I?

I am just easy going until I am not. Something that seemed so fun and just what I am good at has turned to me figuring out how to put aside my compass to be demanding and over bearing to match these gals.....

Silence. Birds chirping. Traffic sounds.

Maybe I will just move. Might be easier.

Go and do.....

Comments

Popular Posts