Walking Tacos

Walking Tacos.....my church. Well it isn't MY church but one that I belong too. We are a frugal people when it comes to gatherings. The budget for spending on anything is set at unobtainable (or so it seems) and is almost always brimmed over, if you catch my drift.




We are putting on a soiree for the "sistas". My head? Cordon Bleu , crisp freshly baked breads with goat cheese, fresh spring salad with white strawberries and eatable pansies. Budget? That dictates a long table with our standard white table cloth, donated paper goods, food bought at the local Piggly Wiggly in bulk for a taco bar. Thus, puttin' on a Walking Taco Gala. Haha. Actually the Cordon Bleu was relegated to shredded chicken and crock-pot rice. A step up from Walking Tacos, don't you think?

I speculate that we may have finally agreed on a pasta dish, just so I haven't led you astray. It is finalized to be somewhere between Steak and Lobster and a Egg Salad Sandwich. 

It gives me pause. I appreciate that our religious leaders watch over the monies appropriately. I appreciate those I attend with look to be financially responsible. It takes mad skills to create things with very little. (Our faith pays cash for everything, so I respect the guidelines.) 

Maybe I need to have more "Walking Tacos" in my life and less Cordon Bleus. My budget would probably write me a thank you note!   Go and Do.

Comments

Popular Posts