A Son...

 A Son.....twice this year, someone I know lost a son. Losing a child is devastating. I know because I have seen the faces of mothers who have and you do not have to be an Einstein to see the grief that will never leave them from that moment on. 

My mother is one of those club members. Losing her eldest at the baby age of 16 years old. She remembers his birthday with a standing order of flowers on his grave. The last school picture he ever had is framed and in view. Lonely for him.

It is interesting to me. I see his photo and as I age and time moves on, his long winged out hair and thick collared shirt, makes him look like a faded memory from almost to many years to remember him. BUT in my mind, I will say, is like yesterday. Crisp remembrances of him and I fighting, sitting on my bed discussing life of teens, always on the go. Getting up early to milk cows for cash and off and running to so much of life. He was so active and on the move for someone his age.

Family's are oh so important! As one grows older, a realization that family is everything. 


Go and do and hug your son!

Comments

Popular Posts