Mama came home....

 Mama came to my home to  visit....my mum is a vegan health NUT! Food, freezers, and famine can be the topic of the day. She came from a broken childhood. Mum raised 11 of us, along with dad of course.


BUT she is 80 years old now. You never think your mama will be that old or that you will ever reach an age that would allow your own ma to be that age.


I see her older now. Her back is bent a little more and hard of hearing. She often ask the same questions due to the ear loss. Her skin is loose and the hands that I love are more wrinkled.

It is hard to realize she is that aged.

Covid makes me nervous for her.

I see her struggle to get up the steep stairs of my home and see her tiredness. 

I remember my strong mama teaching us work ethics and good eating. I remember cakes on Sunday as our big dessert and her strong organizational skills. Her list! Everything has a list! Her mad quilt making skills and interest in family history. Her broken childhood stories and her willingness to move forward despite or with those wounds. Carpools and errands. Eleven kids takes a myriad of skills including multi tasking!

She is still the same, just slower. 

She wasn't like this until my pa passed away over a year ago. His loss shows.

But I am so thankful for presence in my home. Her sitting at the table with my sweet sister, working away at "ANYBODYS" guess!? What does an 80 year old need at a computer all day? But it is awsome that she is still greeting the day with business.

Go and do MA! Go and do!

Comments

Popular Posts