Coronavirus Cozy

 Coronavirus Cozy..... the dreaded C word has changed the landscape of many of our lives and yet hasn't changed our lives that much.


I personally have found that since Prince Charming was relegated to working from home, there is an unforeseen coziness that Covid has created.  We are almost like a retired couple before our time...…

I have found that my days are always better if I am up and out early to accomplish any errands or distractions that may have been on the list or maybe the random stop at a distraction shop such as Target or a thrift store. I have always been like this. I would go out and spend time and money doing "this or that" and then a pang of self-imposed guilt would hustle me home to clean the castle and cook a meal as penitence for spending. It is a mental game I played by myself but hey, it worked!!!

I have noticed that since Prince is home, days are very different now. He likes to go out after work as he has sat home, all day, at a small black desk positioned directly into an extra-large window that is in the front room that surveys the land. He works hard and so after work, he hopes that I want to wander the halls of shopping or figure out a project. Or he wants to sit and watch tv together that usually is iffy if it is something that I may or may not want to watch. He is hungry, as most men get after work, but because he is home he isn't always up for what is offered to be on the table...…don't get me wrong! He will eat what is before him and is way appreciative of anything I do or don't do. (He has NO expectations of what I should do or not do!) It is just that since he is home all day, I can ask what he wants for dinner and there is room for options now. Which, days gone past, it was waiting on the dinner plate when he arrived home and since he is not an eater at work, he is famished by arrival to the home. Covid has made our day-to-day or minute-to-minute look completely different!

I have found now, I don't want to cook. Partly our age and partly because we can graze all day as we wish. It isn't scheduled so snack time is different for both of us. Our regular 33 years of schedules are definitely off. I also don't feel that need to cook as he isn't forced out of the home all day to work a long day at the office. That was always how I FELT before, he is gone all day earning our lifestyle and so a meal a day was not only something that was my job but a way to show gratitude. He works just as hard but not leaving the house has made it not so important to me. Understand? I have found that because there is the removal of that sense of getting the house straightened BEFORE the arrival of the man is no longer in place, I am less fanatical about getting everything accomplished. My motivation has a new face. I also get my day done by noon or so. This is because I am not a nightcrawler. After 5:oo I just want to be home. That doesn't help when the MR. can only do things after 5:oo and really only wants to do something if I am with him. Y'all can sigh a romantic sigh right now.

The coziness of this new "C" word has changed things. For good and for evil.  I don't know if I have become a better life partner by having the nearness of the Prince or if I have become the worst one. I am not really wanting to ask him. I will pretend that I am a better one by being with him 24 / 7. But you know what they say? "When the Gods want to punish you, they answer your prayers". I know if he went back to the office now, I would be so lost without his presence day in and day out.

Ah well. Go and do and maybe contemplate the old days while giving thanks for the here and now.

Comments

Popular Posts