Four Thousand Weeks

 Four Thousand Weeks....that is all.


It has come to my attention that we all live much less the 4 thousand weeks in our lifetime. READ AGAIN.

What would you have guessed? Not that? I have been acquainted with a story of a "Navy Seal" whose life story revolved around his daily actions knowing his limited weeks. Waking early, accomplishing things. It was very -changing for me in a way. 

I would love to share my experience knowing my tick-tock clock is counting down. I have had the worst insomnia for the last two weeks. I usually would tune in to some random television show and see if I couldn't nestle deeper in the covers to lull myself back to sleep with the chaos of whatever the magic box played. Yet, the influence of now knowing my days are subtracting at a quick 24-hour clip, I started to force myself out of the warm bed when my sleep mode changed to awakening mode. It didn't matter that it was one o'clock in the morning, I emptied the dishwasher and straightened the living room, and put a load in the laundry knowing it would probably be forgotten by sunrise. Now, I will say for sure that getting up before life begins isn't the answer for me but wasting my minutes away in exchange for things that are not a worthwhile exchange for me IS the answer. 

I had put down reading for the last few years and dropped in mindless t.v. shows. I had postponed projects for the perfect day or didn't take that long conversation phone calls to loved ones. I allowed distractions to take over my ticking time bomb of life. I now have a niggle in the back of my mind, is this what your weeks left want to look like. When a bad day happens with little accomplished, I take note on my mental calendar that it was truly a wasted day from my dwindling weeks of life. 

I have calculated my age and the age that I would conceivably pass on to my maker. I have about 1300 weeks left to live. Not much.


So count your life weeks and go and do. Make it count!



Comments

Popular Posts