Potty Talk..

 Potty Talk.....one of the best memories and one of the earliest, I HAVE shared, is being about 6 or 7 and sitting by my daddies' "vintage" record player of old 45s, those small records that we now call vinyl. Glenn Miller, Doris Day, Ella, and more. It was such a life-changing moment that is embedded in my brain because there was something so special about the songs and the sweetness associated with them. That forayed into loving movies that were "before my time." I loved the fact that men had pocket handkerchiefs, always tipped their hats, and stood if a woman walked into the room. Women always looked coifed and put together and had quality items that we look for still today. Faux golden hand mirrors and matching brushes. Coin purses that were made of leather, that would be snapped open,  to find coins that today, we throw in the bottom of our handbags and desperately search for if a penny is required. They had "pill-box hats" and gloves to make a complete outfit. Manners were the mainstay of the day. And the communication they used was reflected in how they dressed, well mannered.

Today, potty talk is the communication we use. We use the "f-word" in videos and movies and on talk shows. We talk about our bodily functions without compunction. There are actually commercials with women sitting on toilets talking about their inability to create a bowel movement and "pads" that are ridden with red stains to simulate periods. Men speak of women as if they are nothing more than sexual beings and not potential wives and mothers of future generations and use language as if they are back in the stone age. Women speak as if they are masculine and have a tint of fabulousness if they can swear like a military man in a locker or show off their breasts like a peep show, the very thing that distinguishes us as feminine beings are used to diminish our worth instead of enhancing it. In songs, movies, and interviews we completely minimize the unique specialty of each of us and make us seem nothing more than something less than and our worth has to be earned instead of just assumed.

I was at a friend's house and their daughter was speaking about feces. I had a small conversation with said girl and discussed that, though we should be able to discuss our natural body functions amongst our women- people, I would never discuss such detail with my Prince Charming. She asked me why I wouldn't do that. Thus I hailed back to the old-time movies and considered that it was a formality I had bought into long ago. Then I reconsidered. I spoke candidly to the young Padawan and described how I have shared many things with my Prince. He has been in the operating room as they had to surgically remove our baby as I wasn't able to deliver naturally. He has helped me suffer through losing my family members and the continuing pain I carry. He has comforted me in extreme physical sickness when I had our first and I couldn't go the bathroom for 3 days. He has tended to my scar from surgery that was large and raw for many months, carried away bowls of throw up during flu season, checked on me every few hours when I suffered Covid. I said to her, there are many things I share with my man. But speaking about poop and pee and discharge is something I don't want my sexual/marriage partner who thinks of me as his Queen, to visualize me struggling with any of those things. I recall years and years and years ago, the famous Brad Pitt on a talk show. He speaks of his small size penis. Whether he was kidding or for real, I always think about that with him....freaky, I know, but the truth. I don't want my man to think of extreme excrement or bodily fluids if he doesn't have to. I don't want him to "brad pitt" me if you know what I mean.

No matter your upbringing, political beliefs, or strength, life circumstances, go and do and use your girlish charms for good and not for evil. 


Comments

Popular Posts