Growing....

 Growing...I am in a confounded state of mind concerning my current lifestyle and a label. I am not sure if my current passion has already been planted in my DNA long before I existed or if it is a merging passion budding due to my absolute freedom of choice in life right now only hampered by the minuet needs of Prince Charming and financial restrictions? 

I am slowly finding a way into the addiction of "hippy" planting." (My label, made up.) It is a wonderful new idea, to me, that is, of scrap gardening. It is the idea of taking leftover, unused scraps of some vegs that you regrow into new veggies. 

(NOT MY PICTURE)
It is the new road I am traveling on. I am attempting to regrow Celery, Basil, and Rosemary along with growing from an actual plant and Olive Tree, etc. 

I say that the origination of such thoughts is confusing. I have always loved working in the yard. Yet, lately, due to announcements of coming food shortages or rising prices (love the gossip of mainstream news, never know what is right or true!!) I have started considering how I can make a lesser footprint on this world as well as be more self-sustaining and have something in my life to do that is "grounding".


They say if you "put energy out into the world it will come back to you." So true Bo!!! We were traversing the yard we have valiantly tried to reign in (the yard had been virtually abandoned for 4 years before we bought, so the neighbors have told us!) and we found a hill, that we normally mow over, beaming with wild strawberry plants! For the first time in 3 summers a field of green plants, we had a long cold winter and started on the yard late in the season. I, also while inspecting our ALMOST 2 acres, found WILD CHIVES! I quickly got my hand shovel and dug up plants to be replanted for future use and some snipped to go in the freezer for future use of some urgent cooking nature! I would say today was a win!!!!

It is starting to be spring and for the very first time in my loooonnnggg life, I am taking advantage of all that is before me. God is good.

Go and do and remember when you have vegs scraps, compost, replant, or give thanks and chuck it!


Comments

Popular Posts