KOREA DRAMAS AND ME

 KOREAN DRAMAS and me. I am addicted to the K-dramas and in no way ashamed to admit, confess, divulge, blurt out, acknowledge, or reveal this hidden give into past time. I am obsessed with the very notion that once I start watching I will be entertained for a minimum of 15 episodes that can last over an hour each. (I shudder to add up all the hours of being entrenched in the art of Korean television.) 


I have been accused by my adult children of lusting after the young-looking chaps and gals as if I am a cougar of some sort. NOT true! I am constantly surprised by how old the actors really are but have NO fear they all look like babies to me. (So what if I watch everything on YouTube about BTS!)



I have analyzed the reason for my obscure devotion, being an old American with no talent for other languages, barely managing my own dialect,  to these emotionally fraught-driven plotlines and why they are akin to decadent chocolate for me.  What drives me to cuddle up on the couch with a caffeinated and start reading hours and hours of subtitles? They are a mix between the old clean versions of Hallmark cinema and the "How to lose a guy in 10 days" movie.  


I have realized that growing teen time for me was in the 1980s. Entertainment was clean, funky, visually colorful, and full of moral dilemmas. Soundtracks moved you, stories stayed with you, and at the end, you were torn between loving the conclusion and being wistful it was over. These days our American entertainment consists of AGENDAS being forced down your throat like vile-tasting medicine. Leaving movie theatres,  you have to digest why homosexuals always have the best love life storyline, why anti-American themes are hidden in the background, and why satanic signs/devils are hidden in everything from The Superbowl to KFC ads. We are exposed to why we as, once was, the greatest nation on earth are being diminished to essentially "Sodom and Gomorrah".  It has taken visual viewing to a distressful level that is no longer entertaining but leaves you lugubrious. 

K.Dramas recognize the importance of honoring "elder" wisdom, respecting parents no matter the age, community, and esteem for those who serve you, personal space, moral decision-making, food and family, appropriate formality, off-the-crazy-hook clothes, politeness, restraint, cleanliness in body and space and community (they do not litter!), the value of education and knowing their own personal/country history, proper dating rules, and more! 

So even though I may not be able to consume octopus or dried bugs, I will consume as many Asian productions as Netflix will allow! I grow weary of boys trying to be girls, Presidents with dementia, and the MOUSE pushing to devalue us. Give me K.D.s anytime.......I have my couch all set up!

Go and watch...BTS....Home Town CHA CHA CHA.....Alchemy of Souls....The King, eternal monarch, Talent is used, oh my, I have a couch a waiting!안녕히


Comments

Popular Posts