Past is the Past

 The past is the past....I know someone who had a simply terrible first 20 years of life. School life was thrilling. Popular. Pursued. Beautiful. But her life at home was simply terrible. Abuse of emotional kind. Not a world I would want to live in.

BUT....this person is still living in the first 20 years. Conversations lean towards the "poor me" scenario. The ability to have empathy outside their own trauma is lacking. Gravitation and loyalty towards the "victims" in their life instead of celebrating the healthy relationships that are offered up. Emotionally unable to endeavor into the abyss of complete love for others and oneself.

I have realized that there are a miniscule amount of travelers in this life that can just love themselves and others in the same vain. Gaul darn. Why?

We get one life. We get one body. Science has allowed us to change some key things such as wrinkles, noses, thigh shape. But we will never be organically different. We are who we are and our life experiences shouldn't be a accumulation of all the negatives that we have absorbed but the awareness of the endless ability to overcome those things and see that we are often quietly administered to by others either by service, talent, emotional story telling, music, etc.


I have had trials that beat me down. I held onto the animosity  for a good loooooonnnnggg while. Didn't serve me. Had to let it go because that isn't what or who I wanted to be. 


I realized this:

You’re the ONLY ONE who can do the things YOU can do—things the Lord needs you to do.


So, leave the past in the past. Make you who you are today. Go and do.



Comments

Popular Posts