Nasty nasties.

Have you ever had one of "THOSE" people who are just like a really deep fried donut? They are thick and sickly sweet for many layers but the bottom line is that they are really bad for you? You know the one. The friend that touts their own goodness in everything and yet is the first to tell you spiteful gossip? Or the person who digs for information with the aura of "helping". I knew someone who, to put it delicately, requested information about someone in my c.o.l. It was out of "concern" for that person that she required such personal information. I, luckily, didn't share with her the items that were wanted. Later I was to find out this woman has no boundaries of what she will say, how she will present it, or what manner of truth there is connected to it. People like this are deep fried donuts. Great on appearance, not so great otherwise. I am quoting my friend Emily, "There comes a time when you have to decide to leave the drama."  I believe in surrounding myself with those who are living in truth. Truth about their lives, their failings, their success, those who know the meaning of "I am sorry" whether they are saying it or hearing it! I believe in the fruit torte. Real berries mixed with sweet and just a titch of bitter! So, drop the deep fried donut that will always lead to regret and grab yourself a real down-to-earth torte! You will thank me in the morning. Go and do.

Comments

Popular Posts