My life

Maddie is frantically filling out her senior year schedule and Maya is watching television louder then any movie theatre, as usual. Liv is rocking to tunes in her room while using the pretense of "doing" homework. Daddy is in the kitchen syphoning out a clogged sink that waited the day to finally be released. Sam has left to his best friend's house once again enjoying a family meal there, not here. (He hasn't missed much.) I frantically try to facebook with my friend in Aussieland while giving ideas about art projects, re-editing a hopefully going to be published piece for a home organizing magazine and wondering how clean does my house have to be to have the boyscouts over the third week in a row. (They are borrowing our garage for a walking stick project.) The phone is ringing, the children are fighting over the computer and my life couldn't be better!
It is the din that starts slowly sometime after mid-day when Maddie gets home. Then Olivia arrives soon after only to be followed by her two other siblings. The noise escalates in conjunction with music, singing, arguing, laughing, chasing. Night time comes not soon enough yet strangely too soon. When it quiets down in the evening I find myself missing the noise and yes even craving it. This is a glimpse into my life. Aren't I lucky?!

Comments

Popular Posts