Mr. L and His Son

my nine year old announced to me that "Mr.L's son is leaving the school and wanted my phone number." "Did you give it to him?" I asked full of curiosity. "No way, I didn't remember it because I don't want him to call!" She exclaimed as the red slowly rose to the top of her forehead. "But why, he was probably so in love with all those freckles your sportin'." But I digress. Mr L's son has loved my Maya since December. He has given her little trinkets of love such as a small (quarter machine) doll, a valentine expressing mi amour, and countless verbiage of adulation. What cracks me up is that she doesn't even know her admirer's name! He is just the offspring of a teacher no longer teaching at the school.....famously known in our home as "Mr.L's son." Oh, young love unrequited. He is enamored with the girl who looks similar to snow white and has Peppermint Patty's freckles. But she never even knew his name! Life is like that sometimes. Our full attention is set toward that ONE THING and it doesn't even know our name. It could be a job, a friendship, a relationship, a vacation, a new home. We put all our energy into "blank" and it doesn't respond in kind. But I have faith that Mr. L's son is going to find that senorita that will adore his attentions and return them in kind. Just as the things we respond too will eventually come to fruition. Perhaps not in the frame of a NON infatuated freckled face snow white! But things always turn out better then our own expectations.....maybe it is a long haired sleeping beauty that awaits Mr.L's son......keep plugging away!It is how we roll around here..............go and do.

Comments

Popular Posts