St.Patty's Day

I forgot it is the lucky day of the Irish today! Da (notice the Irish form of dad?) and I rushed off to the local mercantile to gather tokens as we love the celebrations of holidays in this house. It all started with our Bubbe a.k.a my mom. When I was but a small lass, on Valentines my mom would have us wake up to a festive breakfast table of the old stand by box of hearts and a CHOC-o-late to go forth into our day with.  I remember at my littlie age what a grand way to begin the day's adventure with a candy in my hand and a consciousness of a mothers' love filling my soul. We have incorporated that at our house and today we celebrate the color green and every little Irish person under 1 foot tall! So Da and I gathered up green Jones bottled soda, gold  wrapped chocolate coins, green peeps, and of course the old four-leaf-clover green frosted cookies! This laid out festively on the kitchen table along with some Leprechaun dust of gold and silver glitter awaits my young Lasses and Laddie when they arrive home from school. My goal in all this? To have memories that reflect soul filling love! Yes, we are on a budget and it took me 35 minutes to decide that the memory of the table far out ways the few coins spent on the table. My hope is that just as my ma started the tradition with a 25 cent box of hearts and a minuscule chocolate that one day my grand children will enjoy a festive table that celebrates any given holiday or even to celebrate a non-holiday! How about that?!

Comments

Popular Posts