A Day in My Life

I started out with book bag in hand filled with the paraphernalia needed to be the best "Mystery Mom Reader" ever. Super large orange glasses, a pair of mouse ears, and a few favs to read to the young ones. The sun was shining and Yo Yo Ma was blasting on the CD player. This day was going to be MY day! You know those days where no stress, no trials, nothing but joy and embracing everything good. As I sat in front of 22 or so Third Graders who were ready to embrace story time I let the charisma flow and bam!!! I was on! (Later my Maya said "Mom, this one boy said that you were the best ever and his mom would never be that fun!! He wishes you were his mom!) (And the First Place Ribbon goes to River Dear!) Then off to the amazing hair salon that offers a 5.oo haircut only on Thursdays. I brag as they are a wonderful salon that really does great haircuts but the special price thing is, I am sure, to bring in all the men from at least 3 counties or so it feels like that once you enter into the waiting room of men from all walks of life. If I were single it would be a great place to hang out..... But I have a wonderful gal that gave me a fab new coif. Then I snuck off to the "thrift" store and happen to find a brand new low-end designer handbag-never-used for $3.oo. (My friend in retail said if it is under 50.00 it is a purse and if it is over it is a handbag.) Spendthrift and beautiful that is how I felt! Then I got home. It was then I found out my dear friend, as of yesterday, decided she needed to move for business purposes and within about 24 hours had her house shown and sold. (Just for the record, I am still angry at you Merri who was born on Christmas Day.) She is my go to gal. She colors my hair, runs over medicine to sick children, takes me to Home Decor sales and is my drop by and turn on a movie friend. My cute cut and new designer bag put on the back burner. Unfair. But I have learned life isn't always fair but it was better to hear the news with good hair. So there is that. But I still am not speaking to her, except to hear how hard this is for her and all the amazing miracles that surround the change of her life. Okay, I will forgive her for leaving me......because you just can't get good colorist these days. (kidding Merri, kidding. Kind of.) Even though I am losing one of my besties, I guess I still have the Third Graders and a pair of big orange glasses!

Comments

Popular Posts