Silly Hat and Silly Mom

Today I get to do the one thing I love & that is to combine books and children and embarrassment! Yes that is right, I get to go to my Maya's class and be the "Mystery Reader" and read to them one or two of my favorite books. This ordeal that I sign up for once in awhile involves a Dr. Suess hat and if possible overly large glasses along with a cup of embarrassment for that child of choice….namely mine. Today I go into,as I said before, Maya's class who is a grown up Third Grader!  I will take along in my cache "Seven Picky Eaters", "I Feel Silly" and of course the classic "Bad Case of Stripes" about Lima Beans and a young girl gone astray! If only given a choice of one, I fall back on "I Feel Silly". This speaks about all different feelings but the children (in my version) get to act out those feelings. (I.E. show me your angry face! It is a must have that has been in this little family since, well, forever.( But it comes with a BEWARE…..if you give a pup the chance to act out all venues of feelings you may need earplugs and a gentle reminder of the long held rule of not jumping on furniture!) This is my last chic let so I am going to enjoy this to it's fullest…..Maya may not…..I definitely will.) I have found as I get older that it is the small things we should make time for instead of putting those things aside because they are small. I have done both. Oh how I would give to go back and do more wearing of a "hamburger hat" reading my favorites stories to my favorite children in the whole wide big massive world! But what is done is done. So I don my 2 foot tall hat with every color in the rainbow and gather up the books we all know by heart and will walk through the halls of the school with my head (and hat) held high!! Seize Today! No Regrets. Go and Do.       

Comments

Popular Posts