Downbeat

Do you ever wonder how you survive some of your long lasting seemingly-never-ending trials without committing Hari-Kari? Do you ever start to wonder how you can ever squelch your uneasiness at the anticipation of the  the next trial as you breathlessly whisper the old stand by saying of "Good Gravey, WHAT'S NEXT?" You  ask the question but with a titch of hesitation as you are afraid that the answer is not something one really wants to know. It is almost as if what has already transpired is a stepping stone to prepare you for the coming of something bigger and not necessarily better in trial form. It seems that  this particular "black voodoo" curse (black cloud) is upon this family along with a generous mixture of unfathomable blessings. It is starting to make me think that I am in need of some sort of  an elixir that will calm the two personalities that are starting to emerge from this one thicked thighed dudette. There is the one personality that is upbeat and positive despite any trials or dissatisfaction that life throws at her and the other personality that just wants to weep uncontrollably  while gnashing of her pearly white teeth and pounding the counter as the car repair place announces that $1400.oo should do the trick for fixing the only car that is owned-----the Van-go. How does one go about their business when trials of some sort seem to pop up at least every two days consistently for a few years running? Is it a wonder one turns to energy drinks, carbs, and chocolates? No, it is NO WONDER one turns to carbs, chocolates, and energy drinks! The ups and downs of life's roller coaster seems to have deeper plunges and lower highs. Like my friend said, "Had I realized that that one good year about 15 years ago was going to be my best and only 12 months of nothing but goodness, I would have done more that year!!!" So for now I hold onto the personality that can take the punches and still stay standing. I hold onto the fact the blessings atleast weigh as much as the trials. And if worse comes to worse I will eat myself silly and join the "Chub Club" (not my words) after the trials dissapaite! Untill then, the chocolates on me!

Comments

Popular Posts