Tea for Two and Two for Tea!

The gift of friendship is an amazing thing isn't it?  It is often given in a brown paper bag with no fanfare yet contains the most wonderous of all gifts. It is when two gals meet and have absolutely nothing in common (or little) and then something is shared  and a bond is formed that had not existed before in that space or time. One example of an intended friendship, I had known my friend Julie for awhile yet we never really related to each other ,more due to busy mommies of littlies then any other reason. For one of my birthdays I received this homemade loaf of bread with a disclaimer that it had been made for the day of my actual celebration a week or so earlier but she was detained and unable to give it to me until just then. It was hard as a rock but one of my most cherished gift ever along with a wonderful story of the start of a "sisterhood" over a hard loaf of bread. After that we became besties. Another example of surprise friendships is the story of one who taught a class that I was attending and let us just say that I was less then thrilled. during class time. She was a great teacher but her directness lead me to mutter unkind things under my breathe about her teaching style and view on things. Now that we are "sisters", her directness is my favorite part of our friendship! I am somewhat of a "Country Mouse" and my galpal is a "City Mouse" through and through. Sam, my favorite son (okay, only son) laughed at this particular association! "Mom you two are so different!" I told him that the great thing about this particular friend is that we are so different but we have an understanding of how much work and effort is put in to each of our chosen lifestyles and we can appreciate each other even though it is not a life we would chose for ourselves. When I conveyed this to my galpal she said tell Sam "Your a little bit Country and I am a little bit Rock & Roll!" Right on girl! I have a darling friend I have known for years and we have shared carpools, disappointments, decorating advice, and laments. Our conversations are sporadic at best with a short time limit but we seem to understand where each is coming from and no more is needed then that. She gave me a special watch for my birthday and we are sisters without requiring more. Each gift looks different and fills my life in different ways. Yet the common factor is that I get more then I give, I am loved as much as I offer love, and I am filled in ways that they and they alone can offer. Today I give kudos to those who are rock & roll to my country! I love you besties!!!! Go & Do!

Comments

Popular Posts