Four House Radius

I have finally taken the steps to de-hermatize myself. Yes, I have indeed gone outside of my four house limit! I shout with pride. Let me explain, I am one of the many "under employed spouse wife thingy. So that translates to staying close to home. But I have perfected staying home to a new low. I say no to almost everything even if it is free and supporting. No to Baby Showers, to lunches, to walks, to movies in the basement. I always have a great excuse. But I must confess to you that, upon reflection, I  am bordering closer to the edge of "Hermit Girl" then previously thought. ( I just need longer fingernails and I am there!) I, by nature, am somewhat of a home body and enjoy put-zing around in my own world. So this wasn't such a big leap to find myself not going past the four houses that stand to my East, West , North, or South. (Okay, not LITERALLY but kind of.) A few days ago I finally put that toe in the water! Steve and I went out for ice cream with some long lost friends. I, begrudgingly, found it enjoyable. The next day I joined some gals to help with a project that I am not involved in. (That was a whole foot in the water!) Then I actually went for a late night walk with a friend and realized that there is a world outside my block. Who would of thunk? But if I decide to un hermit then that is going to come at a cost to me! It is going to mean hair done in a style differently then "just got out of bed" , lips with gloss, pretty deodorant smell-not spice , and my Bermuda shorts with a shirt that actually doesn't clash. (Literary license, okay?) (Sort of.) It may mean only wearing my long brown knitted sweater with the hole in the shoulder in the house and not outside. It might mean I need to learn how to change my blog paper more then once a year. It may entail sprinklers and swimsuits that show white mamma thighs. It might mean purchasing clearance clothes at the Tar-get. It might mean that I have more to speak about. It might translate to seeing friends more. It may be getting the iron out more then just on Sundays. It would require that I would have to answer my phone! Maybe it is time for me to undo the hermitization that I have forced upon myself. Wow, upon thought, that sounds like a lot of work. Maybe I will wait until tomorrow to stop hermatizing…..after all I have finger nails to grow! Go and Do.

Comments

Popular Posts