Free Choice

Here is a story that you may relate too. I gave up working AND trying to maintain the house cleanliness factor to the standard in which I made myself accustomed to. I announced one grande day to my wee little ones that the children's bathroom would be their own to clean or not to clean and it would be up to them as to what the dirt factor would be. It took me a whole two weeks to actually realize that their standards were pretty low. Last night a bee got in my bonnet and I started scrubbing away at the layers that had accumulated in the bathroom.  The unfortunate thing is the time I started cleaning was just about the time Steve decided it would be fun to make a lovely dinner with candle light and music for the whole family to enjoy! As I am straddled across the tub with ajax wafting into the air and a bit of perspiration bubbling on my forehead, I hear "River!" "River it's dinner!" "Rivvvvvveeeeeerrrrrrrr!" The sweet family had gathered around the table, the fine china set before them, waiting for the fine Italian meal about to be served. "RIVER!" 


Straddled on the tub I scream "IF you want to clean this FREAKING tub you are MORE then welcome to otherwise sit your butts down and ENJOY your darn dinner!" I returned to cleaning. 


Sometimes house work is therapeutic .  Go and scrub a little tub!



Comments

Popular Posts