Life is life is life

I took a sabbatical thinking that blogging isn't really meaningful to anyone but me and as a true women I put myself last. (it is just something in our dna to be the last on the long list of needs.) But A.G reminded me that she actually liked reading some of "Riv's Ol' stuff" and it reminded me that regardless when I blog it makes me happy.

Today's spew is about "Rose colored" glasses. (Meaning to see things only with a positive slant.) I have found the older you get the more those glasses fade. The world is different then when I was younger. It somehow is harder and sometimes seem insurmountable at best and unbearable at worst. The rose colored glasses have a few cracks in them. But hey, don't we all? So I am going to get those spectacles out and polish them, tighten them around the ear and see life as a better alternative to not life. Maybe I will let my 9 year old throw a little party just because. I will whip up the "Riv's famous Carmel popcorn made famous by someone else first" , buy a few cheap cardboard pizza's, and decorate the basement with lights and candles and put on "The Santa Claus". That way I can see what truly "rose colored glasses" are suppose to look like. And then, maybe, just maybe I can reclaim my as refurbished but still in great shape. And after I do all that I think I will hum "it's a wonderful world" just for the fun of it.

go and do....

Comments

Popular Posts