MARRIAGE IS AS MARRIAGE DOES.....

MARRIAGE is as marriage does....I had a conversation a while ago that has stuck with me. K, you can keep reading because it doesn't have to apply just to marriage. But it kinda does too. Um.

So, I had a conversation with a friend of mine who had some concerns about what life was looking like in her marriage and family. Nothing big. But as many do in life, the issue was presented and then recounted with "it's not a big deal". 

I came up with a smart reply....yes, my children, mama occasionally is smart, I said this........

A great relationship is about the bumps you overcome not the lack of bumps.

I thought smart. But we all want to hide our lives as not to be put up for judgement or we want THAT IMAGE of perfection. Guy. That is so dumb. I am not encouraging purging our live to strangers on the streets. But if we have someone in our lives to trust,drop the charade. Be real. Tell truth. Get your freak flag flown. I know so many people caught up in fitting in the box or rebelling against the box. Just take it down a notch and be yourself with decorum of course. 

It is okay to say my child sucks at math, my wifely duties aren't fulfilled, I hate cleaning, we struggle in our marriage, I hate dealing with my family, I can't cook worth beans, I throw up to stay this thin, I spend more then we make and I don't care, I like being a martyr, I help at school so I don't' have to clean house, everybody uses me and I let them, I can only be in the room if I am the center of attention.  (These aren't necessarily my truths so don't get too excited!)

Life isn't about the lack of bumps but how many you have overcome. So give yourself a trophy for being Bump Queen of the year! your doing good Chica!

Go and do and mow those bumps down!

Comments

Popular Posts