Theory of Adult Hood....

Theory of Adult Hood...come on kids do we have to revisit my theory that just "because you are an Adult doesn't mean your a grown-up"?

This is true, don't deny it. I see you getting ready to talk to yourself in response to this. No excuse Tuesday. It is true.

I wish I didn't have to revisit this but in the last few weeks I have found were adults are using forums such as FB, Tweeter, general populace for airing "dirty laundry." Um. Bad form.

I lecture my littlies all the time that when things go virile they take on a life of their own. Not only are you ranting to your friends but their friends and their friends etc. And the things you say start up conversations. Uh, I didn't say good conversations. More like did "Did you see what so and so wrote?"

Hey, I get it. I took literally a year or more just to be able to blog a little more truth because I didn't want things in the world that shouldn't be. So, I hear someone arguing well "someone will say it so why not me?" Well to quote parents, "If everyone jumped off a cliff would you?" 

I think as grown-uppers we ought to be more mindful of the rants and tantrums we throw out there especially in the viral world of life. It is all great to have points etc. But not at the expense of others' reputations or your own. 

So my friends when you show pictures that lead to questioning of who you are or what you stand for....when  you go viral with attacks on others, or when you over share about personal/physical/spiritual problems remember the one thing I tell my children every time they leave my presence:

"Remember WHO you are and WHAT you stand for!"

Define your media, don't let the media define who you are.

Go and do.......or maybe you shouldn't do!

THINK BEFORE YOU POST!






Comments

Popular Posts