AAuuugghh LIFE!

AAAuuugghh LIFE! Seriously, running into the home stretch now. Not young and not old. Children growing up and starting their own families. I thought to myself that the "50's" is the new "30's". Essentially an old bird on the verge of an empty nest. This is when the cruises start, clothes without smudges appear, cars that actually stay clean for more then 6 hours after sweating it out in the car wash and owning more then dollar store cosmetics. It is the time I throw caution to the wind and get that nose piercing I have wanted for 30 years BEFORE the trend. This is the time that I have been waiting for, the time for life with self esteem, money, and wisdom..or so the illusions of my youth went.  

I have seen a few things change as I have aged into that time of life that "I will NEVER be that old". There is twenty dollar lipstick involved in my current essence and the car does happen to remain clean until Prince Charming or new driver uses it for an outing. I do own clothes without smudges but atlas lose them to the occasional dryer fiasco. Haven't been on a cruise but have gone to some pretty amazing places. So some of that fantastical beliefs I carried throughout my 20's and 30's have seen fruition. 


HERE is the kicker:

My life has been pretty shleppy (not a word) for the last 12 months. Things that one thinks will never happen to them, has. It has forced the author to contemplate death, life viability, purposes or lack of, and the need for taxes. I wondered if I should take up smoking, drinking, swimming, jogging, or just emerge myself into the full seasons of "Elementary" without leaving my room until the very end, not even for shower breaks. I wondered if there was any social acceptability of intravenous liquid
chocolate AND THE USE OF DONUTS AS A COPING MECHANISM. I did not want to appear on "My 600 lb life" so I settled for coconut water with a splash of sin. Jk. I wish. I just realized that as life continues on, we switch our trials. We may not worry about raising children, but we worry about grandbabies. We worry about working and not working. Relationships grow, disintegrate, are more or less useful. Newest fashions are replaced with comfortable clothes that reflect us not the world. WE have wisdom that allows us to see truth even if we don't want too. We forget how to spell and see doctors more then we use too. Yet sage advice is given without thought and comes with a don't-care-if you take it or not. NOT MY LIFE. We put up with some things we never would have considered years ago and stop putting up with things that have been okay up until now.

Still on the fence about taking up drinking and Elementary marathon. But for today, in gratitude about age and grand girls.

Go and do for tomorrow you will be my age. 

Comments

Popular Posts