Vacuuming and children......

Vacuuming and children.......I have learned a lot from my adult children just from the observation of their vacuuming habits!! My one will be asked to vacuum and she will need a little "down" time before the big event is to take place. Once an episode of "The Goldberg's" is consumed with pure abandonment, she arises and attacks the carpet with vigor! Not only does she vacuum the front room, but the stairs, hallways, bedrooms. One child will somehow have very good intentions of doing just what I asked. The familiar reply to my request of "ya, ya, for sure I will do it." Then the next day as I saunter downstairs to check on the job assigned I find a note (written in Crayola) tucked neatly under the carpet machine, explaining how his day just got away from him and he will do the task when he decides to get up. Note to all, it gets done and done rather well ONCE accomplished. One child will stop her long list of task and vacuum with lines that would put an artist to shame. Every piece of furniture is moved and the carpet is fresh as a daisy. The rooms look new and there is great pride taken on for each room that is in need. The last child will promise to do it for a day with every deflection possible of how to get out of it. I haven't asked properly, I was too passive, I was to aggressive, I was going to give a designer bag in exchange for 10 minutes of 
work. Note to reader: she moved out of state without vacuuming, I kept the designer bag to sell and assigned another person to accomplish my needs. 

I share this NOT to hold one child over the other. We all do things our own way. It is just another wonderful way of observing the human spirit within my home. So go and do and observe how your loved ones vacuum.

Comments

Popular Posts