Evening Tide....

Evening Tide....It is with such joy and revelry that evenings in the Spring are spent in our abode. Even now as the nest is growing empty the sweetness is still around. The screen door is open allowing the haze of bacon cooking on the grill outside to seep indoors. The sun is out but shadows of night are revealing themselves. Oldies music from the 1940 and 1950 era is blaring throughout the house, a tradition of our family since the beginning. Glenn Miller Band, Dean Martin, Doris Day sing their happiness into our domicile. The sound of vegetables being sliced in the kitchen as dinner is being prepared by Prince Charming and the Littlie dropping her Crayolas all over the floor echo into my ears. It is reminiscing of days that have long past but not in my memory or heart. The four Littlies that were all home during the most glorious days of my life! I would hear them chasing each other out doors as the grill sizzled and I stood barefoot at the kitchen counter listening to music as I domestically prepared all the "fixins" for my little crew. Those days were golden.

I have come to understand we need, as we approach senility, to comprehend that we can always create the same life but different. Uh, what? Yes, we can invite those we love to be in our lives for evenings such as this. It doesn't matter who those peeps are. Neighbors, family, friends who are just like family,  whatevs. I am experiencing the same sort of felicity hearing my man cub speaking on his phone while MY baby is away at work and soon to return home and the little grandbabe is outside with Prince Charming now doing the finishing touches on the meal. 

I present that belief that sometimes the complete simplicity of a situation is often the most magical. I still think back of wearing my simple cotton dress in my tiny kitchen and hearing the echoing of family life on spring evenings. I wouldn't change that for all the castles in the world.

Go and do and cook some bacon on the grill. It's a memory!

Comments

Popular Posts