anxiety

anxiety.....holy hannah! My house was full of it today. When they say "you can cut it with a knife" that is a true statement! 

I won't go into the nitty gritty of it.

Suffice it to say I came home around 4:30 p.m. and knew that if I didn't do something to create some calmness, we as a family weren't going to make it through the evening without saying something harshly or eating every crumb of sugar to push down the negativity. We needed something to "let the air out of the balloon" sort of speak.

I got to work. I turned on every low light and lite every candle I could. I turned on "relaxing" music and started in on a mostly home made/cooked dinner. Stuffed mushrooms, pepper steak, and 3 cheese fettuccine. Several candles on the table, napkins folded, dinner plates setting.  

There was definitely a feeling that everyone HAD had a day and it obviously had caught up to each individual. We each took on assignments. Prince Charming go grill, last littlie stuff the mushrooms and me doing whatever else needed tending. Each of us still not willing to let go of the our own specific events endured during the day.

Blessing over the food.

Slowly the pressures of the day started to slip away as the flickering candles and soft music created a respite. The food warmed the bellies and softened the souls. Sitting in the soft ambient lighting of the dining room, we shared a bit. Decompressed. Relaxed. Began to let go.

It is starting to approach bedtime. We are all back in sync. We have bid adieu to today and look forward to a sleep filled night and a day with a different vibe. 

Sometimes life is so sucky we need to stop and ambient. You get what I mean.

Go and do and stock up on candles....your day is a comin'. 

Comments

Popular Posts